xf86-video-intel upgrade, anyone?

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Jan 5 13:23:05 UTC 2011

As Ingvar Harjaks wrote:

> Which chipset?

I have troubles figuring out what all the different names actually
stand for ...  If I figured it out correctly, it's either G45 or
GMA X4500.

> I guess it probably needs GEM support to work.
> Currenty there's no support for it on FreeBSD.

OK, that would mean to return the laptop then.  I don't want to start
maintaining a different OS just for that.

Does perhaps anyone have another recommendation for a stat-of-the-art
Dell notebook that works well with FreeBSD (at least from the X11
perspective)?  That way, we could perhaps have it replaced at the
dealer, rather than a complete return.