Nvidia driver?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 4 19:28:32 UTC 2011

On 4 January 2011 16:51, George Liaskos <geo.liaskos at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a port for the binary driver, couldn't be easier to install.

thanks!

> Try a GT240 based card, it has support for VDPAU feature set C too.

The GT240 seems to be within my price range, it looks ok. Only one
thing sticks out: it says in the description "DirectX 10.1" - I have
no specific wish for anything better but 10.1 was supported by ATI's
4xxx card, practically two generations ago - is GT240 that old?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo#Table_of_PureVideo_.28HD.29_GPUs

Is it supported by common software like VLC (in X11)?