Nvidia driver?

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 06:44:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 08:02 +0200, Zeus V Panchenko wrote:
> is there way to get OpenCL working with nv drivers? if yes than which
> nv cards to choose for namely that - RAW images processing with use of GPU?

Sadly I know of no plans for CUDA/OpenCL support within FreeBSD driver,
the current state of affairs being somewhere around "there is no market
for it". Basically, nvidia doesn't want to throw money on components
that five FreeBSD people will use (and none of their corporate
customers, I guess), but then of course, I could hardly speak for them.
Just my observations while lurking on forums here and there..

So as far as I know, there is no way to run OpenCL natively on FreeBSD
and probably won't be for a long time, unless someone big enough pushes
them to (Solaris drivers too don't ship with OpenCL support). Still,
FreeBSD driver currently installs -

/compat/linux/usr/lib/libcuda.so.1
/compat/linux/usr/lib/libcuda.so.260.19.29

- so technically, Linux OpenCL programs *MIGHT* still work under
compatibility layer if someone tried hard enough. Could you point me to
some simple Linux OpenCL demos (binaries) that I coud try, for the sake
of curiosity?

m.

--
Michal Varga,