Very bad performance with nvidia-driver

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 30 18:41:11 UTC 2011

On 30 April 2011 20:18, Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> wrote:

> However, it has not helped performance at all.

Well, here's a hopefully last report, in case someone else stumbles on
the same problem: in an attempt to do anything and see if it helps
I've removed my .kde directory to allow it to be re-created on KDE
startup, and performance suddenly seems "normal" - i have 60 FPS in
the FPS widget. I have no idea what changed, however, except fonts and
the colour scheme. Possibly, KDE may have auto-configured with the old
driver (but I don't see how - both use OpenGL for the compositing
backend and as far as I can see, the settings are the same).

Thanks!