X11-rdp support in X.Org

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Sep 8 06:59:20 UTC 2010

dzodzo at lain.sk wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > dzodzo at lain.sk wrote:
 > > > i'm trying to set up and xrdp server to connect to my xfce desktop
 > > > with microsoft rdp client. I'm only able to connect with Xvnc server
 > > > because X11-rdp binary is missing.
 > >
 > > Have you tried /usr/ports/net/xrdp?
 >
 > xrdp doesn't come either with Xvnc or X11-rdp servers, you have to
 > supply the binaries separately.

Yes, of course (it doesn't make sense to include such servers
with xrdp).  Hmm ...  I guess I just don't understand what
your actual problem is.  I have successfully used xrdp with
the Xvnc server from the tightvnc port on FreeBSD.  This works
quite well with MS RDP clients.  In what way does it fail to
work for you?

The only problem is that xrdp doesn't work with all kinds of
third-party clients.  I wasn't able to get it to work with a
ViewSonic AirPanel, unfortunately.  But that's not the fault
of FreeBSD, so it's off-topic here.

Best regards
   Oliver

"A misleading benchmark test can accomplish in minutes
what years of good engineering can never do." -- Dilbert (2009-03-02)