Fw: Deignoring ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel29

Andrey Kosachenko andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:36:25 UTC 2010

On 23.10.2010 18:04, Andrey Kosachenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22.10.2010 18:56, Kris Moore wrote:
>
>> Well, your patches work. I just had to modify the intel-legacy Makefile
>> to use autoconf:267 not 268, since 268 is broken in ports :)
>>
>> After that it compiled / installed fine. Working is another matter
>> though... On my newer Pineview laptop X will startup with the intel
>> driver, and run for about 5 seconds before going to a corrupted screen.
>> Chris Wilson the original author had posted something last month about a
>> buffer issue he was working on, its possible that is the culprit here,
>> but I'm not certain.

Tried legacy driver in question here (against ironlake chip): it is also
compiled/installed. However as soon as X starts blank screen appears and
seems only reboot allows to get laptop functional. I.e. there is no way
to kill X or to switch to another console (though machine is available
via network connection). Even after logging in remotely and killing X
screen remains blank. Turning DRI off (Option DRI "false", commenting
out dri, dri2, glx) didn't help. There is nothing suspicious in logs.

--
WBR,
Andrey Kosachenko