Xorg 7.5 and OpenMotif: mouse stuck in box

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Mon Oct 11 16:43:16 UTC 2010

According to Giuseppe Pagnoni <gpagnoni at gmail.com> on Mon, 10/11/10 at 10:57:

> thank you very much for your reply, it does seem to be the same type
> of bug.  However, and I apologize for being dense here, it is not
> immediate to me how to proceed practically to apply the patch from
> within the ports framework.  Also, I still wonder why the patch hasn't
> been incorporated in the tree given that the bug is known....

I am not able to answer your final question - that is left to the ports
maintainers to address.

I simply installed the latest (was it 1.7.5) xorg-server at that time
and added those half dozen patches.  If 1.7.7 solved the problem, then
I'm not sure what issue(s) you have.  If you want to have FreeBSD ports
upgraded, I would contact the port's maintainers directly.

I chose not to install xorg-server 1.7.7 since I was unsure if there
were other dependencies or issues that might arise from doing so.  I'm
not used to "patch"ing a mature, released port, so for me even that was
a leap of faith!  :-)

Just for clarity, I did not formally "patch" this port (xorg-server).
I went into the directory tree beneath the "work" directory, found the
dit/events.c file, and made those above mentioned (about six or so)
small source code patches.  I then re-made the port and re-installed
the port.  After it tested successfully, I reported my results to the
-questions list in case it would help others.  YMMV.  And good luck!

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|