Still getting hangs with Xorg 7.5

david at usermode.org david at usermode.org
Fri May 28 09:03:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:18:34 +0300, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
> on 28/05/2010 03:20 David Johnson said the following:
>>  xorg-7.5
>>  xorg-server-1.7.5,1
>>  kmymoney2-1.0.3_2
>>  8.0-STABLE
>>  radeon driver"
> Which version of the driver?
> What hardware?

The hardware is a Radeon X1550. Not sure about the driver version. It's
whatever -STABLE from a couple months ago provided. How do I get the
version? Should I go back to -RELEASE? Or update to a more recent -STABLE?

>> I Have attached my xorg.0.log. I know next to nothing about Xorg
quirks,
>> but
>> the last line looks suspicious: "[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is
>> probably
>> stuck in an infinite loop."
>
> This must be it.  Probably some problem with DRI.

I briefly tried starting X without any xorg.conf, and that seems to show
some promise. I'll need to investigate a bit more to see if the problem
really went away, and if so, what setting it didn't like. I'll look again
tomorrow night when I have more time.

--
David