startx couldn't create cookie with custom kernel

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Thu May 13 12:18:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Heshmat Ismail
<real_precious_stone at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have built and installed a custom kernel on i386 machine with the 8-RELEASE then installed xorg from the DVD,when i ran startx i got: couldn't create cookie.When using GENERIC kernel startx works flawlessly,but with my custom kernel i got this error.

Please post diff -u GENERIC CUSTOM.
Also - I notice you posted your message twice within a couple of
hours. Keep in mind that not everyone is on the same time zone as you
are and may just be waking up now. Also people are busy and will not
respond to you right away. Please wait at least 24-48 hours before
reposting.