ports/146473: keysym names are unavailable to x11/xmodmap after upgrading from xorg-7.4 to xorg-7.5

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Wed May 12 16:00:16 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/146473; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joey Mingrone <joey at mingrone.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, joey at mingrone.org
Subject: Re: ports/146473: keysym names are unavailable to x11/xmodmap after
	upgrading from xorg-7.4 to xorg-7.5
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:57:17 -0300

 The original description I gave was inaccurate.

 My .Xmodmap was still running when X was starting up and
 *subsequently* running xmodmap was causing the errors I posted.

 It was the following lines, which were OK under Xorg-7.4, that were
 causing the problems:

 keycode 117 = Mode_switch
 clear Mod3
 add Mod3 = Mode_switch

 % xmodmap .Xmodmap
 X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
 for operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  118 (X_SetModifierMapping)
   Value in failed request:  0x17
   Serial number of failed request:  14

 After removing the above three lines, everything else was working.

 Sorry for the confusion.