Any chance of 3d on radeon?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sat May 8 21:35:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've successfully updated my xorg to 7.5 and everything works ok - DRI
is enabled and the whole experience looks faster than before, so a big
thanks for that :)

I remember reading something about 3D acceleration for Radeons but I
don't know what the status is right now; judging from glxinfo, it's not
there yet for me:

 > glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.4.4
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

This is on 8-stable, amd64, Radeon 3600 (RV635).

Do I just need to wait some more, or have I misconfigured something here?