xfce4 and xorg-7.5

Mihai Militaru mihai.militaru at gmx.com
Sun May 2 15:34:02 UTC 2010

Yes, I tried hat too. My first setup was using /usr.../startxfce4 in .xinitrc.
Now I tried from the command line as well, it exists everytime. Sometimes
I can see the xfcehints (or 'fortunes'?) window and the mouse cursor
appearing for a moment, immediately before the server shuts down.

What does not behave consistently is: after a reboot, considering that xorg
is set to start automatically, it is restarted for several times in a row, then
at one moment it doesn't start by itself anymore, but puts me into the
command-line tty. I assume this is connected to the number of limited
retries set for respawning.
The rest is consistent, every time I start and X session, it logs-off by itself
immediately, with startxfce4 or not.