Unable to switch tty after issuing startx command

Super Biscuit super_bisquit at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 20:11:49 UTC 2010

 On the powerpc port after startx, I need to do a hard reboot.
Also, once leaving the xsession, I am not able to return.
Using .xinitrc for startx results in a non functioning screen.
/usr/local/bin /usr/local/bin/xsession-type-de also results in a non functioning screen.

Default TWM works. I have not had a session where I can log out as of yet- trying switching ttyXs at times to see if the problem was temporary, it's not- but I assume that it should be possible.
Has there been a fix issued for this bug yet?

Obrigado