X doesn't update until the mouse moves (not HAL related)

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 20 15:25:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 16:02 +0100, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> > on 19/03/2010 13:34 Eitan Adler said the following:
> > > I have a similar problem with X on 8.0-RELEASE. I asked around and
> > > found that other X users (including Linux users) have this problem
> > > on intel chipsets.
> >
> > But Daniel says that kernel update helps him :)
> > So, it must be something different with similar symptoms.
> >
> > BTW, you could also try a kernel from stable/8 and see how that works
> > out.
>
> I have had the hald problem with multiple opens of /dev/sysmouse but
> that is fixed.
>
> There are a large number of intel chipsets - there's sure to be many
> bugs :)

IIRC, this was actually a bug in the interrupt code.  Specifically, the
handling of MSI on chips > i945.  The commit should have been either
from me or jhb@ and a search of the email archives should turn something
up.

robert.

--