[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Sat Mar 20 13:18:18 UTC 2010

> FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0 r205310 amd64
> # portupgrade -a && portupgrade -f nvidia-driver (195.22)
>
> Works very well with GNOME 2.28.2_1.
> But when I compile sysutils/gnome-power-manager (2.24.4), I have
> following error.
>
> gpm-dpms.c:42:36: error: X11/extensions/dpmsstr.h: No such file or
directory

> "dpmsstr.h" no longer exists on xextproto-7.1.1.
>
> Thanks for any suggest.

   I see in gpm-dpms.c that it checks for #ifdef HAVE_DPMS_EXTENSION,
and then it includes both X11/dpms.h and X11/dpmsstr.h. As I didn't
recompile the whole gnome thing and given that gnome-power-manager
stills works for me, that means that some code in the dmpsstr.h has
been moved to another header file.

    Given that, I just removed the problematic include and the
compilation went fine, so I would suggest sending a patch for
gnome-power-manager when X.org 7.5 makes it into the port tree.

   For the time being, just remove the offending include in the
$WRKDIR/src/gpm-dpms.c:42 and you'll be able to continue the update.

   Best regards,

   Gus

PGP KEY : http://www-entel.upc.edu/gus/gus.asc