[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Sat Mar 20 12:26:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:43:02 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Gary Jennejohn
> <gary.jennejohn at freenet.de>wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:15:05 +0100
> > Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'll try. We'll see what happens.
> > > Hmm, when DBUS_DISABLE_CHECKS is set, there is no indication that the
> > system
> > > is trying to start up xfce4-session at all. Strange.
> > >

> > So, what does that mean?  Does xfce4-session start, or do you still see
> > problems?
> >

> I was a bit unclear there.
> No, xfce4-session does not start (previously it core dumped).
> If I remove DBUS_DISABLE_CHECKS and reinstalls / restarts dbus, xfce4-sesion
> core dumps as before.

Well, I don't know whether this is really relevant, but I noticed that
xfce4-session actually depends on dbus-glib and not dbus.  It might be
necessary to reinstall dbus-glib with DBUS_DISABLE_CHECKS set.

This is easily done by modifying devel/dbus-glib/Makefile to set
--enable-checks=no at line 320.

Of course, this is just a hack and doesn't fix the real problem and we're
probably all getting tired of this thread :)

---
Gary Jennejohn