Still getting hangs with Xorg 7.5

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Jun 3 07:43:05 UTC 2010

on 03/06/2010 02:41 David Johnson said the following:
> On Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:44:52 pm david at usermode.org wrote:

>> fine.
>>
>>> You have to have AIGLX and Composite  enabled in your xorg.conf.
>
> I double checked, and they are both on. Yet KDE still thinks it is not
> supported. It is working however. I am attaching my xorg.conf file in case I
> have the syntax wrong on something.

I have AIGLX in ServerFlags section, not sure if having it in ServerLayout
should also work:
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option     "DontZap"                    "Off"
        Option     "AllowDeactivateGrabs"       "True"
        Option     "AllowClosedownGrabs"        "True"
        Option     "AIGLX"                      "On"
EndSection

xorg.conf manual page (yes, there is one) says that it should be ServerFlags.

I also have explicit
Option       "AccelMethod" "EXA"
in Device section.
Not sure if that is a default now or has to be enabled.

--
Andriy Gapon