libGL

Norbert Papke npapke at acm.org
Thu Feb 11 07:00:36 UTC 2010

On February 10, 2010, Jared Barneck wrote:
> I am working with the K-3D developer to get a new port for FreeBSD. He says
>  that we need to update the libgl port from mesa 7.4.4 to a later version
>  such as 7.6.1.

Depending on your hardware, this might be available already.  From
/usr/ports/UPDATING:

20100207:
  AFFECTS: users of Mesa3D libraries and x11-drivers/xf86-video-nouveau
  AUTHOR: nork at FreeBSD.org

  If you want to use Mesa3D 7.6.1 and libdrm 2.4.17 rather than 7.4.4
  and 2.4.12, you must define WITHOUT_NOUVEAU global macro, at least,
  enabled on graphics/libGL*, graphics/libglut, graphics/dri,
  graphics/mesa-demos and graphics/libdrm.  And please give up using
  x11-drivers/xf86-video-nouveau.

  In this time, I can't enable latest Mesa3D and libdrm, because these
  break xf86-video-nouveau.  But old(current?) Mesa3D and libdrm don't
  break any drivers.

Cheers.