freebsd7 (and 8), radeon, xorg-server -> deadlock or so

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:29:22 UTC 2010

Robert Noland wrote:
>> It is not, and yes I use WITHOUT_HAL. Currently disabling DRI helps;
>> should I try rebuilding xorg-server with HAL?
>
> Yes, you can still disable hal at runtime by setting AutoAddDevices
> "Off" in xorg.conf.

Seems to work with HAL.

Unloading radeon also works, but the kernel prints this warning:

    Warning: memory type drm_bufs leaked memory on destroy (4
    allocations, 128 bytes leaked).

And Xorg fails on start afterward with:

    Fatal server error:
    no screens found

(The number of allocations and the amount of leaked memory may vary; 32
bytes per allocation is constant though).

I guess this means I should not unload it.