DRI problems with ati/radeon on stable/7 r203425

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 10 14:59:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 05:06 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:

> > > The machine has 2GB RAM, so I doubt it:
> > .,,
> > Ok, what I was thinking was that any memory allocations that have
> > M_WAITOK will sleep forever waiting for resources.  If it is a pci based
> > card, it might be waiting for 32MB of contiguous ram for the GART as
> > well.  I have a reworked scatter gather allocation that removes the
> > contiguous requirement.
>
> I'm certainly willing to try experimental code.  I'm presently bringing
> the machine up to r203751, after which I intend to update any installed
> ports that have had commits in the last 24 hrs.
>
> That said, my "feel" for the behavior is that there appears to be some
> condition such that it's waiting on something, and when certain
> interrupts occur, it's suddenly able to proceed.  But until that
> interrupt pattern does occur, it waits in such a way that one can't use
> the keyboard to switch to a different vty, one can't login via ssh
> (though it responds to ping), and response to an attempt to login via
> serial port appears to fail as well (but is actually just extremely slow
> -- often slow enough to time out instead of work).

Right, it sounds like the other person is having interrupt issues.  Does
moving the mouse / touchpad have any impact?  Or, possibly disabling
msi? (adding hw.drm.msi=0 to loader.conf)

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD