DRI problems with ati/radeon on stable/7 r203425

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Feb 9 16:46:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 08:59:38AM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> It's my impression that EXA is the best supported mode (on radeon) and
> XAA suffers from neglect.

Ah.

> What do you mean by "glitch"?  Option "EXAVSync" "On" might help, but
> you shouldn't be seeing stray pixels.

Short intervals <1 sec., usually) in which the apparent motion
appears to stop, only to pick up again where it should have been.

Or, in the case of the "burning bush" screen saver (from xlockmore), a
chunk of the "sand" texture (but magnified about 4x) is suddenly up in
the sky and flying toward the viewer; it was almost an experience worthy
of Douglas Adams[RIP].

I may try the EXAVSync after I finish building today's head -- and
re-building firefox....

Thanks.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.