HDMI audio support with radeon driver

Pierre Guinoiseau geekounet at poildetroll.net
Wed Dec 29 18:03:37 UTC 2010

Yes this is already what I do. But that's not enough, any audio player plays too
fast and without any sound output (but it works fine with others pcm devices of
course, including my Intel HDA and SBLive! chipsets). It seems the HDA codec
need some sort of initialisation when the HDMI video output is activated and
used in Xorg, radeonhd does it, radeon does not. This is what is missing and
what was recently implemented in KMS on Linux.