Add a dependency on xclock

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Dec 24 12:23:14 UTC 2010

Gary Jennejohn wrote:
 > On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:31:23 +0100 (CET)
 > Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
 > > Kevin Lo wrote:
 > > > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-ports/2009-January/163841.html
 > >
 > > How is that related to xclock?
 >
 > Indirectly in that it re-adds xinit, which installs xinitrc, which is
 > what started this whole thread.

Yes, of course, that's right.  But I don't think it has
anything to do with whether xclock should be added as a
dependency to xinit, just because xclock is mentioned as
an example in the xinitrc template.

By the way, the template also references quite a lot of
other tools (xrdb, xmodmap, xterm, twm).  None of them is
a dependency of xinit.  And rightly so.  The contents of
the default xinitrc are just an *example*; it's intended
to be customized.

 > OP could probably solve the whole dilemma by doing "touch ~/.xinitrc"

Right.  I think if someone uses xinit, he should configure
his xinitrc appropriately.  Is really anybody seriously
using twm + xterm + xlock nowadays?!?

Best regards
   Oliver

"Whatever happened to the days when hacking started
at the cerebral cortex, and not at the keyboard?"
  --  Sid on userfriendly.org by Illiad, 2007-06-20