Compose key oddity

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Apr 28 07:16:47 UTC 2010

on 28/04/2010 10:03 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 28/04/2010 07:20 John W said the following:
>> Running xev (thanks for telling me about that one!) gives interesting output.
>> KeyPress for keycode 115  (which is rwin)
>> KeyRelease for keycode 115
>> KeyPress for '.'
>> KeyRelease for '.'
>> KeyPress for '.'
>> KeyPress for '…'    <-- It sees the ellipsis!
>> KeyRelease for '.'
>>
>> In fact the DOT ABOVE character doesn't show up in xev's output at all.
>> And yet it shows up everywhere else I try it.
>
> Hmm, very strange.
> Perhaps something with your font… glyph at incorrect position, etc.
> Which one do you use?  Can you try a different one?

Scratch this.

> P.S. Googled this up:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xkeyboard-config/+bug/415667

After reading this bug I experimented with input method configuration.
For example, xchat2 allows to explicitly select input method in its input box.
If I use default setting of "X Input Method" then everything is OK.
If I change to "Simple" then I get what you get - dot above '˙'.

So now you what to look for.

--
Andriy Gapon