HD4550 DRI issues

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 26 15:02:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 23:57 -0500, Richard Kolkovich wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 07:41:29PM -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> > We might go down that path... But, I've had an idea.  I'll try and whip
> > up a test client that bypasses all of X and just exercises drm.  We can
> > see if it still seems to corrupt things.  The evidence so far suggests
> > that it should, but it should rule out any races.  One thing you might
> > try as a test is to disable SMP just to see if that helps.
> >

> Disabling SMP did not help.  I'll await the test client...

Ok, attached is a really simple client that will allocate 32MB of
scatter-gather memory and map a 1MB ring buffer out of that.  The
"contents" values should always be 0.  Build the client with:

gcc -O2 -pipe -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/drm
-L/usr/local/lib -ldrm -o drm-test drm-test.c

To perform the test, you will need to boot up in console. (No X)
Manually kldload the radeon driver and then as root execute drm-test.

robert.