HD4550 DRI issues

Richard Kolkovich sarumont at sigil.org
Fri Oct 2 15:25:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 08:01:10PM -0500, Richard Kolkovich wrote:
> i386 + mtrr disabled doesn't do jack.
>
> Fresh amd64 install, installed xf86-video-ati and ran your DRM test.  Contents?  Empty.
>
> I'm building xorg right now to make sure the displays mirror this result...I'll let you know.

Yes - it worked as expected.  No corruption, xrandr rotates everything properly - nothing wrong as
far as I can tell.

> I just thought about this, though.  Do you think something in my make.conf could be causing this
> problem?  I don't think I've ever tried on a kernel and world I did not build.  I only have
> CPUTYPE=core2 set (that would affect kernel/world compiling).

I may still rebuild kernel/world/drm stack without my CPUTYPE set just to see if that has any effect
on i386.  Otherwise, I guess I'll be rebuilding with amd64 this weekend.  Let me know if you want to
do any debugging on the i386 to see if we can find the underlying cause (assuming it's *not*
CPUTYPE).

Thanks for all the help with this.

--

Richard Kolkovich