HD4550 DRI issues

Richard Kolkovich sarumont at sigil.org
Thu Oct 1 02:19:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 04:47:01PM -0500, Robert Noland wrote:

> Ok, that eliminates everything to do with the card and X.  Let me talk
> to some folks and see if we can figure out where to go from here...  I'm
> wondering if this might be BIOS or CPU related now...

Any ideas yet?  For some reason, I now need to disable mtrr for my nvidia-driver to work (the card
my 4550 is hopefully replacing...I'm having other issues with nvidia-driver and would prefer an
open-source solution).  I don't think I've tried the radeon with mtrr disabled.

My 30 day return window on this card is almost up, so I may end up returning it if we can't figure
this out.  Apparently, a different card wouldn't help, either. :-\

Thanks,

--

Richard Kolkovich
sarumont at sigil.org