Repeatable X lockups

Albert Vest alvest at brakiri.com
Thu May 14 23:03:57 UTC 2009

Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 5/13/09, Jimmie James <jimmiejaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing to note, I dont switch to console while DRI is active
> otherwise panic could happen(last time when I tested it with 915GM).

I've been experiencing something similar, not a panic but, whenever I
switch to console (ctrl-f1?) and come back to X (ctrl-f9), my session
goes away and a new XDM screen presents itself for a fresh login.

Might it have to do with my hardware?  I started using one of those
"wide screen" displays (1440 x 900), about the same time my updates
started showing "7.2-PRERELEASE" as version number, and it still happens
with "7.2-STABLE".  All ports current (except OOO 3.0.0).

Still using the same Radeon 9100 "IGP" forced to PCI mode, if that might
matter.

--
Albert Vest, Al Vest at Brakiri dot com