[HEADS UP] drm merged to -STABLE

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-stable at tharned.org
Wed Mar 18 16:18:45 PDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Robert Noland wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 18:24 -0500, Greg Rivers wrote:

>>> Could you try the attached patch.
>>>

>> Unfortunately, there is no noticeable difference with this patch.
>>

>>> Also, I'm guessing that this is a PCI based card, right?  Also, it isn't
>>> an integrated model?
>>>

>> Yes, this is a PCIEx16 card in a HP Compaq dc7600 desktop PC, not a
>> motherboard integrated adapter.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.  I'm willing to spend some time debugging this;
>> please let me know if there's more information I can provide or other
>> tests or patches I can try.
>
> Ok, try this patch... I asked the folks from AMD and they agree that
> this shouldn't be needed on an RV370, but we will give it a try... This
> is what fixed the garbled display on the IGP chips.

The display is still garbled with this patch too.

I'm curious about why the drm driver calls this card a RV370, while pciconf
and the X server call it a RV380:
 	pciconf: "RV380 RADEON X600 Series 265MB"
 	X server: "ATI Technologies Inc RV380 [Radeon X600 (PCIE)]"
 	drm driver: "ATI Radeon RV370 X600 Pro"

Could it be that the drm driver has the wrong chip set or configuration for
this PCI ID?

--
Greg Rivers