Radeon DRIVER

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 11 01:45:19 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 18:07 +1100, Alex wrote:
> Disabling DRI in xorg.conf seems to give me back a fast display again...
>
> I am using the radeonhd driver ver 1.2.4 (xf86-video-radeonhd-1.2.4)

I really kind of reccommend the git radeonhd driver if you want to
play... This is all really new code.  I tested with the ati and radeonhd
drivers from git.  EXA worked on both, Xv worked on the ati driver, but
the video wasn't synced, it played too fast.  With radeonhd from git,
everything seemed good.

robert.