ports/132403: x11/xorg with Radeon X600 (R370): cannot re-initialize DRI

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at bigmir.net
Sun Mar 8 17:20:03 PDT 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/132403; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir at bigmir.net>
To: Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/132403: x11/xorg with Radeon X600 (R370): cannot
	re-initialize DRI
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 01:51:11 +0200

 Thanks a bunch! So far your patch works. I've restarted X several
 times (a couple of times with just twm + a couple of xterms, and a
 couple of times with KDE4) and this far everything seems OK.
 BTW, it looks like this patch also fixed another issue - till now when
 I exited X, console remained black and so the only way was to switch
 to console, restore startx to foreground and kill it with ^C. Not sure
 but the last time it looked like X exited just as it's supposed to.
 In any case, thanks again - now and then I use 3d, and reboot every
 time is a bit inconvenient.

 Regards,
 Vladimir