X does not want to start

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Fri Jun 26 15:52:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:51:15 +0200
"Stevan Tiefert" <stevan_tiefert at yahoo.de> wrote:

> [...]

OK, it's using the ati driver.

> (WW) RADEON(0): R600 support is mostly incomplete and very experimental

Hmm. The radeonhd driver supports this chip family (R600) better.

> (II) RADEON(0): Analog Display Input, Input Voltage Level: 0.700/0.300 V

What?  This is an analog display but it's connected to DVI?  Are you
using a DVI-to-VGA adapter?

I find it weird that Xorg seems to be finding the monitor on both DVI-0
and DVI-1.

> (II) RADEON(0): EDID vendor "AY_", prod id 765
>
> (II) RADEON(0): Output DVI-1 disconnected
>
> (II) RADEON(0): Output DVI-0 connected
>
> (II) RADEON(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
>
> (EE) RADEON(0): Output DVI-0 enabled but has no modes
> after xf86InitialConfiguration

I'm not sure what this means, but in my experience it usually seems to
be because the driver can't find a suitable clock to use.

I'd delete the ati driver and try it with radeonhd myself.

---
Gary Jennejohn