[HEADS UP/CFT] Xserver 1.6 + randr + intel

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 31 21:58:40 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 21:52 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> Ok, I'm expecting Xserver 1.6 final to release sometime on Monday.  I'm
> planning to commit this sometime next week.  This patch includes the
> following Xserver 1.6rc2, randrproto rc, libXrandr rc, xrandr rc, and
> the 2.6.1 release of the intel driver.
>
> cd /usr/src

A couple of folks pointed out my typo...

cd /usr/ports
> patch -p0 -E -i <patchfile>
>
> Then update the ports in the following order:
> randrproto
> libXrandr
> xrandr
> xorg-server
> then rebuild your video and input drivers. (xf86-video-whatever,
> keyboard, and mouse)
>
> The patch is http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/xserver-1.6rc.patch

I also failed to update my cvs on a couple of them when importing from
git... So I have respun the patch, should apply cleanly now.

The updated intel driver has XvMC support on 965+ and I think when I
fixed that upstream, it also fixed it for the rest of them (915/945,
etc).  You may have to hack on mplayer or ffmpeg, can't remember which
one to find a player that uses it, but it's there... vlc is also
reported to support it.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>