Xorg 7.4 freezes when not moving the mouse

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Mon Jan 26 00:06:23 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 16:22 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:

> > I changed my configuration to use xf86-input-synaptics and sysmouse
> > for USB, because I was too lazy to search for enough documentation on
> > setting the keyboard options (layout, variant) via hald. It works nice
> > (patched). :-)
>
> I still need to figure out what the particular configuration to trigger
> this issue is...

I've read notice about fixed problems in updating:
--
20090124:
  AFFECTS: users of x11-servers/xorg-server, sysutils/hal

  sysutils/hal has been updated and should now properly detect
  mice for use in Xorg.  Use of AllowEmptyInput should no longer
  be needed for most users and moused should now work fine.
--

But for me it still does not works well with moused.
X often gets int 'ttyin' state and freezes completely or for some time.

Without moused running it works as expected.

I have both synaptics touchpad at psm0 and ums0.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru