Missing dependency in graphics/libGL to x11-proto/dri2proto?

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:57:05 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following error with an up-to-date ports tree, because
> the port doesn't appear to be referencing dri2proto as a dependency:
>
> checking for DRI2PROTO... configure: error: Package requirements
> (dri2proto >= 1.99.3) were not met:
>
> No package 'dri2proto' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.

    Ugh... here's what I get after manually installing the proto port:

checking for DRI2PROTO... configure: error: Package requirements
(dri2proto >= 1.99.3) were not met:

Requested 'dri2proto >= 1.99.3' but version of DRI2Proto is 1.1

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DRI2PROTO_CFLAGS
and DRI2PROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

[root at orangebox /usr/ports/x11/dri2proto]# ls /var/db/pkg/dri2proto-1.1/
+COMMENT	+CONTENTS	+DESC		+MTREE_DIRS

    I compared the port Makefile in CVS and what I had in my
/usr/ports directory, and both say v1.1. WTF mate =]?
Thanks,
-Garrett