Xorg 7.4 freezes when not moving the mouse

Lucius Windschuh lwindschuh at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:29:40 PST 2009

Hi Paul.

2009/1/24 Paul B. Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:
> Xorg is compiled with hald support and hald is enabled?

HAL support is activated (in x11-servers/xorg-server) and X reports:
  (II) config/hal: Adding input device AT Keyboard
So it should use hald.

> moused is working fine for me, only if I add `Option
> "AllowEmptyInput"       "0"` to xorg.conf,
> and that one is documented in UPDATING.
> Without it and without hald running mouse and keyboard where not
> working at all and Xorg even managed to suspend freebsd.

That's also true here (except the suspend, which doesn't work at all). I have
  Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
in my xorg.conf, which is identical.

I enabled the Synaptics support in psm(4). But this shouldn't
influence moused...
And I didn't test Xorg 7.4 on a FreeBSD 7.x, only on -CURRENT. :-/
But the issue itself remains the same: X shouldn't clear O_NONBLOCK...

Lucius