pciaccess module missing from patch?

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:35:54 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 11:41 -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Robert,
>> >    I just tried your patch today with an up-to-date ports tree and I
>> > ran into this issue:
>> >
>> > [root at orangebox /scratch/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server]# make install
>> > ===>  xorg-server-1.5.3,1 requires unknown xorg module (pciaccess).
>> > *** Error code 1
>> >
>> > Stop in /scratch/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server.
>> >
>> >    I didn't find `x11-driver/*pciaccess'.
>> >    Any ideas?
>> > Thanks,
>> > -Garrett
>> >
>> > PS Also, it looks like a patch that was made to japanese/kterm
>> > previously doesn't need to be made now; patch was asking for me to
>> > reverse the patch that was being made.
>>
>>     I found it; it was under devel/libpciaccess.
>>     Looks like WITH_XORG doesn't properly reference this dependency... hmmm..
>
> The latest round of the patch, 011009 version, passes tinderbox cleanly.
> flz@ is working on a full pointyhat run.
>
> robert.
>
>> Thanks,
>> -Garrett

   That's the patchset I tried =\...

    I also ran into this issue:

checking for GL... configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >=
1.4.9 gl >= 7.1.0) were not met:

No package 'gl' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GL_CFLAGS
and GL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to x11 at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/scratch/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/work/xorg-server-1.5.3/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /scratch/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /scratch/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server.

    It can't find the gl.pc file even though at the beginning of the
make it says:

===>   xorg-server-1.5.3,1 depends on shared library: GL.1 - found

    I'm using x11/nvidia-driver -- not sure if there's a more recent
one that I need to use... I'm using the traditional make commands
because make index isn't succeeding at all right now (it can't find
some of the dependencies and Makefiles, even though I just updated via
CVS).

Thanks,
-Garrett