x48 broken with X.org 7.4

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Thu Feb 12 20:01:17 PST 2009

In /usr/ports/emulators/x48 is a great little HP-48 calculator
emulator.  It has worked for decades.  It is very simple UI-wise.

It broke with X.org 7.4.  The display now has snowy lines on a black
background instead of digits on a light background.  This renders the
calculator unusable.

My machine is a Toshiba U205 Satellite running the Intel i810 driver,
BSD 7.1-STABLE.  I sync and rebuild /usr/src and ports almost every day.

Where there major font changes?  Driver changes?  Things to do
manually that I may not have done?  I rebuilt everything that depends
on X.org and finally got my mouse working, Firefox, and a few other X
apps.  This is my last casualty to fix from this upgrade.  (I have yet
to see anything that qualifies as better since 7.3!)

It would be great to get it up and running again...  Any help would be
appreciated.

Dan Allen
Spring Lake, Utah