ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

Peter Zehm Peter.Zehm at crush-net.de
Wed Feb 4 11:02:41 PST 2009

Hello,

at first, let me say, i'm new to this list and mailinglists at all.
I just installed FreeBSD 7-stable on my Thinkpad and got the described
problem with a fresh installation of  'x11/xorg', too.
I was running moused with 'moused_flags="-3"'. After '/etc/rc.d/moused
stop' the problem dissapered. But i was not able to isolate the problem
to moused or the emulate-third-mouse-button. When starting moused again
sometimes x hangs and sometimes not. But, when moused is active and i
reboot the system the problem is always there, but it works well when
starting x on a system with moused disabled in rc.conf.
I hope this helps until it's fixed.

Regards
Peter