ports/137373: x11/libX11: make dependance on x11/libxcb

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:20:08 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/137373; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com>
To: rnoland at freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/137373: x11/libX11: make dependance on x11/libxcb
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 20:17:04 -0200

 Robert,

 I think I foud what "mesa" you are talking about: graphics/libGL. Well
 if you pay attention to the contents of bsd.mesalib.mk then you will
 see that it already recognizes a WITHOUT_XCB knob. That knob is there
 since the update X.org ports to 7.4+, last january. But I don't need
 to tell this to you. have been updating that file for ten  months, so
 you know its contents.

 So, in the very end, you are attempting to convince me that that
 giving the user the opportunity to turn off XCB is accetpable in
 libGL, but not in libX11. This is contradictory.

 By the way, the assertion that "having a non-xcb enabled libx11 would
 cause weird build/run time issues" is  false.

 --
 My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
 make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the