PCI Radeon 9250 - DRI/DRM in 8.0-RELEASE

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 12 15:47:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 09:28 -0500, Greg Rowe wrote:
> My system has a Gigabyte Radeon HD4850 1GB PCI Express Card in it. The main
> board is an ASUS P5N7A-VM, 4GB ram (tested with 2GB also), Intel Core 2 Duo
> E6850, on-board video disabled in the BIOS, and the BIOS is flashed to
> ASUS's latest release. I'm using a single monitor off the DVI port.
>
>  I'm running the ATI Radeon driver as it works well with the exception of
> DRI. I've tried the released and development version of the RadeonHD driver
> but both pretty much lock up X. Whether it helps or not, the background
> garbage on the screen I see with the ATI driver is more visible with the hd
> drivers and it's the ASUS Bios splash screen in tiny font many times across
> the screen.  Dmesg and Memcontrol.list from Xorg with DRI enabled is
> attached.

Please send "pciconf -lvb".  In your case, it looks like the framebuffer
may be cached which would likely be the reason that you are seeing bits
of the bios screen showing up.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>