kwin composite w/ opengl on r600?

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 3 18:14:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 09:32 -0800, Mark Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get some of the window effects to work under
> kwin/kde4.x, however I think I'm being stymied by the dri mesa build
> from ports not supporting the r600.
>
> e.g. it only loads/enables the software rasterizer below.
>
> Any hints on getting this working?  Can I build the git head for
> r600/mesa and have it works with the ports?

right now, you need to update libdrm and mesa.  For libdrm, you can just
bump the version in the port to 2.4.15 and it should be fine.  For mesa,
you need to install from git until 7.6.1 is released.  7.6 has r600
support, but there were a few bugs that didn't get addressed prior to
release, which make it very annoying to use in compiz/kde4.

My normal process is:

Clone the mesa/mesa repo.

Use the following to autogen/configure.
CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS} -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}
-L/usr/local/lib" ./autogen.sh --enable-xcb

gmake

sudo cp lib/lib* /usr/local/lib
sudo cp lib/*_dri.so /usr/local/lib/dri

That should have things working pretty well.  Note that you need
xf86-video-ati 6.12.4, which I just updated the other day.

robert.

> (II) RADEONHD(0): Direct rendering enabled
> (II) RADEONHD(0): Using DRM Command Processor (indirect) for acceleration.
> (II) EXA(0): Offscreen pixmap area of 26845184 bytes
> (II) EXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:
> (II)         Solid
> (II)         Copy
> (II)         Composite (RENDER acceleration)
> (II)         UploadToScreen
> (II)         DownloadFromScreen
> [...]
> (II) Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension SYNC
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
>

> (II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
> (II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
> (II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
> (II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
> (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
> (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD