Has anyone managed to get xorg to compile recently?

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Aug 1 20:29:33 UTC 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009 11:44:23 am Bill Moran wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:47:16 +0200
>
> Romain Tartière <romain at blogreen.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 11:43:29AM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> > > checking for GL... configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >=
> > > 1.4.9 gl >= 7.1.0) were not met:
> > >
> > > gnome-config: not found
> > > No package 'gl' found
> >
> > /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/gl.pc if provided by graphics/libGL, and
> > you don't have libGL-* in your package list.  Maybe you have leftovers
> > in your /usr/local directory (did you removed it when you deinstalled
> > all your ports?).
>
> No, I trusted the package system to take care of it.
>
> I've cleaned out /usr/local and have restarted the build.  We'll see how
> it goes.  Thanks for the help!

I have done it several times lately. I found that some packages that I had
built for use in a slower computer were old and not current, so, I did a
portupgrade -pfR xorg. Portupgrade had no problem with the dependancy build.
I had also done a "-pfr jpeg", a "-pfr perl",  and a "-pfr python". The perl
update to .10 fixed a sticky problem that had just developed with kde. It was
acting like there was glue between the keyboard and the system. It was a nice
side effect :). The upgrade to tidy caused more trouble than all of the
others combined. The port system still points to the old version of tidy but
pkgdb will fix the links. In this process, I had to use pkgdb -L to get the
links back and -F to fix things. Doing an forced update from packages would
add both versions of tidy to my system. I did the pkgdb thing so many times
before I figured out that I had to manually build tidy that I don't remember
the order they were done in.

I think I also used "portmanager -s" to tell me of ports that had old links.
When I got through things worked much better :).

Kent

> -Bill

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA