Problem with OpenGL and ATI HD3850

Oliver Lehmann oliver at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 30 14:22:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

Roland Smith writes:

> According to the manual page (1), glGetString returns 0 when an error
> occurs. E.g. if the name argument isn't recognized, or if it is called
> between a glBegin and glEnd call. Maybe the latter is the case here?
> Because otherwise it should just return a pointer to a static string.

As far as I can see, it is not between a glBegin and glEnd call. Is there
something like an error buffer I can query to see what went wrong here?
glGetError() also returns null....

Isn't there something the program should do before glGetString returns
something? I mean, may I just include the printf's in a "hello world" C
program and they just return the requested data? Probably not - or?