ports/133465: x11/xorg: X crashes with mplayer -vo xv with xf86-video-intel [regression]

Kazuo Dohzono dohzono at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:30:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/133465; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kazuo Dohzono <dohzono at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, dohzono at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/133465: x11/xorg: X crashes with mplayer -vo xv with
	xf86-video-intel [regression]
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:23:26 +0900

 2009/4/15 Kazuo Dohzono <dohzono at gmail.com>:
 >>> 2) mplayer -vo xv doesn't work (it worked fine with
 >>> xf86-video-intel-1.5.*). console black outs (It seems that Alt+Fn
 >>> switching is working without any display output). And memory usage
 >>> is added to Xorg.0.log (after mplayer is executed, perhaps).
 >>
 >>mplayer works. This must be a driver issue.

 This may depend on some server/driver's
 conditions. I've tried:

 http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.6.99.903

 "mplayer -vo xv FILE" worked. I switched back to
 console with Ctrl-Alt-F1, then to X with Alt-F8
 (without restarting X), running mplayer ruins
 entire screen.

 I tried same sequence with 2.5.1, and mplayer
 worked fine.