xf86-video-intel

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:12:40 UTC 2008

On 9/30/08, Jason J. Hellenthal <jasonh at borisch.com> wrote:
> Evening List,
>
> I'm not subscribed to this list so please CC me upon follow-up or reply.
>
> Version 2.4.2 of the Intel driver is giving me pretty weird errors. like
> "something something something  0 vs. 2" and other errors like buffer under
> runs and space wanted 31767 got 30164. Is this some sort of memory leak in

I have similar experience on CURRENT. My problems are related to DRI recent
changes in CURRENT and are not specific to wich driver i use: intel or i810.
(both drivers works fine if DRI is disabled in xorg.confm except that intel
have strange bad bug when switching vtys)

> the driver or such ?. anyone have a clue when the next version hopefully a
> repaired version will come out? cant compile previous versions of the driver
> below 2.4 and last version of xf86-video-i810 that I can use is 1.6.5 and no

i810 driver is obsolete but it should work with your card, i810 is marked as
broken because it does not build with last libdrm. (and probably will
not work at
all with newer Xorg server ....)
Currently, you can, if you want, downgrade to older libdrm, and i180 will build
(just remove line with BROKEN= .... from its Makefile).