latest drm patches

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 2 12:10:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 11:36 +0200, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 10/2/08, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > I have made new patch sets for both -CURRENT and -STABLE.  They are
> > located at:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-7-100108.patch.bz2
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-8-100108.patch.bz2
> >
> > Note that if your are using RELENG_7, you will need to be very current.
> > i.e. on or after 2008-09-29 16:20:13 -0400.  CURRENT should be at least
> > 2008-09-20 15:56:02 -0400.
> >
> > This is a re-sync to git master, which seems to address many of the
> > issues with the intel chipsets < 965.  I'm still not certain exactly
> > which change fixes them unfortunately.  This update contains a lot of
> > code cleanup and is post gem merge (no, we don't have gem support).
>
> Why?

gem isn't stable yet, the intel guys are still working it out.  It will
require work on other areas of the kernel and I don't have time to keep
re-implementing things over and over until the intel folks get something
that they think is releasable on linux.  Once it all settles down, we
can look at exactly what we need to do.

robert.