Another VIA UniChrome/Chrome9 Driver

Intron is my alias on the Internet intron at intron.ac
Tue Nov 11 06:53:02 PST 2008

Port:    http://ftp.intron.ac/tmp/xf86-video-via-linux.tar.gz

If the distfile cannot be downloaded from VIA's website, please
download it from my server:
      http://ftp.intron.ac/tmp/chrome9.83-242-sl10.1.tar.gz

This is official driver from VIA, originally for SuSE 10.1.
It works on my laptop (BENQ Joybook R41E) and VIA pc-1 motherboard.
The GPU of my laptop is:

vgapci0 at pci0:1:0:0:    class=0x030000 card=0x86241071 chip=0x33431106 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'VIA Technologies Inc'
     device     = 'VIA/S3G UniChromePro IGP'
     class      = display
     subclass   = VGA

OpenChrome doesn't work with it (chip's PID = 0x3343) at all.

It supports features as well as OpenChrome:

* XVideo
* Rotation
* Dual Display
    - Mono display on only either LCD or VGA only
    - DuoView (The same scene on both LCD and VGA simultaneously)

I failed to get SAMM (different scenes on LCD and VGA).

I believe it is useful for people who is using laptop with VIA chipset.

And I hope it can be put into port tree before it is out of date.
Any FreeBSD committee can help me?