DPI wrongly calculated and set in X11 (7.?)

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Thu Nov 6 14:49:56 PST 2008

Hallo,

I've just realised that my DPI in X11 is not what it used to be.
I've had DisplaySize defined in xorg.conf and DPI had been correctly
calculated until one of the latest X.org updates.  I'm not sure which
version of X.org broke this because I also have Xft.dpi in ~/.Xdefaults
and all applications I've used looked OK.  And just now I've noticed
that my X11 dimensions and resolution has changed.  And I can see in
Xorg.0.log that it reads my setting but calculates wrong DPIs and later
even changes it to even worse.  I suspect one of 7.x is culprit here.
Does anyone know how to remedy this please ?

Thanks,

Martin