FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-intel-2.2.1

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 6 21:27:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Helko Glathe wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've FreeBSD 7.0 Release running and a Intel 82945GM (945GM GMCH) SVGA
> controller.
>
> Since I've upgrade my ports tree there is an issue on xorg server.  I
> think there is something wrong with port xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.
>
> My xorg.conf is build for using two displays (Notebook + external).
> Xorg Server starts fine if there is an external display connected.
> But xorg server crashes at startup if there is no external display
> connected.
>
> Following I will post the error-log of xorg server(run without a
> connected external display) and my xorg.conf.
>
> Thanks in advance, Helko

I personally use v2.3.0 (manually edited the port's version; the package
list is the same) of the driver.  It appears to be more stable than
v2.2.1 for me although I do have problems with xscreensaver locking the
keyboard when attempting to enter a password.  Connecting from another
machine and running kill -CONT against the specific screen saver process
is a poor workaround.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org